Thursday, June 29, 2006

One month to go!

In exactly 30 days I will be married. I will start a family of my own (though it will be a while before there will be any additions). I almost can't believe it's finally here! Now that it's so close I do believe the 7 or so months did go by quickly. I'm getting more and more excited each day!

I think it's so incredible how God allows marriage to even exsist among us fallen beings. His grace is ever abundant! I am not perfect, nor will I ever be...same with my husband, but I have the perfect example to follow after, our Lord Jesus Christ. His example and how He loves His people (the church) is what marriage was created to look like. Ephesians 5 explains:

22Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

25Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.[
a] 28In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, 30because we are members of his body. 31"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 33However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

I pray the Lord gives me and my soon to be husband the wisdom and strength to get through these next few months with all the decisions we have to make regarding finances, apartment, transportation, moving, etc. Especially adjusting to living with each other! I pray that we always look up to our Lord before we look down, or around for advice in the situations we encounter.
I pray for myself that I have patience and not go with my natural tendancy to rush things along just so they "get done". That I put my husband's needs before my own and show the greatest respect a wife possibly can; and to love him and take care of him as best as i can. I pray that my husband and I go through this life here on earth together serving the Lord and His people and being an example to others, not by our gifts/talents/abilitites, but by the love and respect we show towards each other as a married couple.

3 comments:

Heidi Bird said...

hi you dont know me but you sound like me right before i got married. I've been married almost a year on Augest 20th and yes your last 30 days will go by super fast. mine sure did. :)
I hope you have a wonderful wedding, plenty of sunshine, and wonderful weather. :)
~Heidi

Heidi Bird said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brad Nichols said...

Casey,
It's very encouraging to see how the Lord has prepared you for marriage in these last few months. Not that you need my approval, but I am very proud to see the way both of you have handled the situation. I think you have both approached marriage in a very wise and godly manner, and I look forward to seeing both of you affect the lives of those around you in a very powerful way. I have heard nothing but good things from various people who are in close contact with you. Blessings for a prosperous, loving, and godly marriage. You'll be in my prayers, and I look forward to being in the wedding.